Python is a popular programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991
It is used for:
- system scripting
- web development (server-side)
- software development
What can Python do?
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python can be used alongside software to create workflows.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
The Python interpreter is a program that reads and executes Python code.